Friday, April 25, 2008

What a way to pass my time...

Yes, this does have something to do with Truth. Please continue reading.

Unfortunetly for my sims in Truth, they will not get the opportunity to be played as often as then used to. Due to my work schedule and then the further need to sleep, actual simming time is few and far between. However, while sitting on the bus or waiting for work at work, I have been planning, not the lives of my sims but the town itself.

I have recently started paying attention to one of my so-called hobbies. Pulling out my old house plans book (yes, I actually have one), I have been converting some of the houses I like into simmerized version, via graph paper and pencil. I've finished 2 of them (here and here), still somewhat decorating the 3rd one (the house that the Schlel's are currently living in and there is no picture available as of yet).

While doing that, I've wanted to redo the terrain for Truth. I don't think I'm going to upset the current neighbourhood, but I'll probably change the sub hood. But first, I'd actually have to open Sim City 4. The only reason I bought that game was to build terrains anyways and I barely use it.

I have also been contemplating the different business I can incorporate into Truth. I already managed to successfully run Theresa Taylor shop called "Goldman's" (which was accidental, when I named it, I thought it was Felicia Goldman-Sims and named it accordingly). I've finally decided that I'll change the name to Taylor's and while watching Design Inc. on HGTV, the store itself will be changing to a shop that I always see them going to that I have come to love the look of. I can't wait to post pictures when it's done.

While also surfing around on the Sims2Community forum, I finally learned how to have a restaurant with a specialized menu. So I will be starting up at least one sim run restaurant in Truth. Once I get the hang of it, more can open. First one that I'm gonna try is the Tiki Lounge with a lovely outdoor patio on the inside, eating space inside along with a night club. The question is, can I have 2 types of businesses on the same lot. It would all be owned by the same sim. I still have to test it out in game but I'm going under the assumption that since I can "close" the electro-ticket maching thingie, then I should also be able to close the restaurant when needed. I wanted to club to only be open 5PM or after and the restaurant to go from around 11AM to 5PM. Got to find me some chefs and a bouncer.

Just recently, while thinking of a completely different idea, I came up with a band for my sims to obsess over (like the Beetles of ages past). I have no intention of coming up with a boy-band or girl-group or even a group like S-Club 7. The name I thought of for this group is "The Big Band Theory"...yup, they're going to be Big Band. I love Big Band music (I am a music nut). So in a totally different hood that technically has nothing to do with Truth, a bunch of sims will be added to be my models for posters and lunch boxes (can't do without the marketing lunch boxes). Hence my need for the decorative instruments. I haven't found everything yet and I'm starting to think that they don't exist but I'll see what I can do about it as time goes on. On paper, it'll be a 35 member band...I think that's kind much but for a real big band you need the people...yeah, they're getting their own play folder, there's no way I'm clogging my the play folder with Truth with non-game playing sims.

While also sitting around and scratching my head, I've decided that I also need a newspaper office, either The Truth Times or ... you know what? Truth Times sounds good! I need to designate an editor and a few employees (hopefully some Film and Lit hobbyists) including the newspaper delivery person to get everything running. It seems pretty decent on paper so far.

That is it now for my supposed update. On another day, I'll start about the different careers I want to establish in Truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Truth Times is alright, but sounds very close to the Thyme Times. Perhaps to think outside the box a bit more?

How about the Truth Tribune?

Being influenced by Thyme is great - but there are a lot of different names you could use.

Thanks!

Mona said...

Wow, am I ever late. Dang Blogspot didn't even tell me I had a message. Jade I didn't even remember the name of Thyme's newspaper at the time, I was just thinking off the top of my head as I was typing. Put it this way, nothing is set in stone just yet and the name has a good chance of changing.