Monday, March 19, 2007

That was a bust

It was horrible! I thought I was doing everything right but apparently I really have to rethink the method of community weddings.

I downloaded this nice looking communty lot that was a church (because I wanted quite a few more than 2 people to be there). It had mirror to change apperance, a locker to change clothes, a home phone to invite guests and most importantly, there was a wedding arch to get married. Well, the problem started at home.

I was going to get Keely and Davnus married on the Friday but Davnus got a promotion that would have him working from 10 AM-5 PM on Saturdays, hardly enough time to throw a decent daytime wedding (I should have done it in their backyard). So right after they took those lovely family pics, I decided that they could load up the twins in the car and get married at the church. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that the twin toddlers couldn't go to a community lot. Boo! I thought they should be able to be there for their parents' wedding.

I reach to the community lot, it's looking nice. I send Keely over to the mirror to get her hair and make-up done (downloaded a lovely hair do from Raonjena Sims). I then send her over to the locker to pick out her formal dress from vuittonboi1989 at Mod The Sims 2 The Sims 2, the black and white one...it's not working. The game will not let me click on the locker on a community lot...not happy. So I wonder to myself, whether or not I had selected it as the formal I wanted, so maybe I would get lucky and she would wear it once she reached under the wedding arch...nope, ugly green Maxis dress with flats...can I tell you I hate formal wear with flats?

I had Keely invite her family and Trisha Hamilton over...Keely doesn't really know Trisha so that didn't work. That wasn't too bad but Keely only managed to get 1 family member to come to her wedding; 1 family member, Dru. and Sandy Andrews who's always walking by (who apparently decided she wanted to play the piano for the wedding). Quite interest to see considering she looked like she was going to pop any minute. For Davnus, everything was fine. I was lucky he didn't default to the powder blue tux.


The twins grew up into kids but I didn't take any pictures of them. Blaise is still quite cute...Blake is still...there but this time Davnus was able to make it to their little schindig. Have a cute little family pic, not much detail and they're just eating dinner.


I had to move onto the next household, Venkat and Sandy's Home. Venkat and Sandy decided not to mess with the whole community wedding and just did a quick and quiet ceremony at home. Venkat got a job in the Art field and is raking in the dough. So much so, that Sandy feels comfortable being a stay-at-home mom. Considering they want at least 6 kids, someone better than the nanny is going to have to raise those kids. Ven makes over $2,000 per day of work, and also just got a bonus for $50,000 and both Ven and Sandy are quite thrifty, so in less than a week, their net worth is already over $100,000. Quite good, I say.

They had a baby girl and named her Andrea:


Cute kid, features seem to be decent and not much of a cryer. Andrea is the first kid that I've raised to a toddler without the parent being completely stressed out and with only one parent taking care of them. It's still only Thursday Nite for this household so let's see how things go by Monday Morning.

I took another shot of Truth from a different angle. I love it so much:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Christianlov's clothing rack at MTS? I think that would work on a community lot.

I have my weddings at a church that is zoned residential...There is a tour of it on Thyme - Saint Maggie's Church and Vicarage.

--Jade

http://isleofthyme.squarespace.com

Mona said...

Thanks for the advice Jade. I downloaded it and I'm gonna try in my game and see how things work.

Rome